Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kenz wanted to see"college",...


...so we decided to take a day trip out to Cortland to visit campus. It's been almost a decade since we've been there. My last memories were of graduation, living at our house on Hill Street, and our friend Sean eating two month old chicken Alfredo that we left in the fridge after a long night of beverages. There are so many memories that were left on that campus, and simply put in the most cliche fashion were some of the "best years of my life." Most importantly,  it's where Tony and I met. Setting foot on campus brought back all the butterflies of first time orientation, college roommates, parties, endless walks, the fishbowl, and classes that made me the educator I am today.  I get so excited when one of my students mentions going to Cortland. I tell them, it's amazing there, you'll love it, and it seems like I'm right each time. 

Campus was exactly as we left it, except for the new buildings, renovations and construction everywhere....okay I guess it wasn't exactly as we remembered it, but it still had that same nostalgic feeling when we walked around. Nonetheless, the girls were super excited about sitting in the same classrooms where Tony and I both sat almost eleven years ago. 



Old Main





(love the finger shot, but for a 4 year old she did pretty well)

 Riley loved relaxing on the steps of Old Main

 One of the rare shots where I get a picture with the girls...usually I'm behind the lens


Tired Riley,...walking campus is hard work!

Wait, a rock to climb on? Game on! 



It was a great day! Next time, we're doing DP Dough...no exceptions. It's a Cortland thing....

No comments: