Thursday, July 19, 2012

Things I love Thursday...

FOOD

Asiago and Artichoke Dip (from Wegmans) 

I can eat this entire dish in one sitting....legit. Believe it. There are pictures to prove it. 

Since it's been hotter than Haiti in Upstate, NY, many dinners have consisted of strawberries. Yep, strawberries. That's it, no sugar, no whip cream, or heavy biscuit, just juicy berries. So good.



 Homemade sweet iced tea.


In my opinion the BEST recipe EVER! Here's all you have to do...

Boil one gallon of water with 8 tea bags of Salada tea. HAS to be Salada. 
Let it sit and cool, then add to pitcher. Add 2 cups of sugar (I know, not the healthiest, but you can have sweet tea without the sweet)
Add a quarter cup- 1 cup of lemon juice stir until sugar melts.

Then fill remaining pitcher up with water and stir. 

So Good. Just trust.

Tzatziki Sauce. 
Once again, this is a dish I have a love affair with. Thanks to Kristeen, I reunited myself with this delicious dish last night after a long separation period. But like any past love, I am once again swooped up by its charm. I could swim in it, eat it by the spoonful, drink it with a straw...too far? I digress....



Pasta Salad
Another recent reunion was with this yummy Salad Supreme pasta salad. So easy, so colorful,...and Riley loves it. So it's a go! You can add a TON of yummy veggies, cheese, and meats into this dish to make it a meal in itself. My Mom still makes garden salads using Salad Supreme with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. I LOVE it, and I don't use it often enough. Seeing, smelling, and eating this stuff brings me back to many childhood BBQ's in the backyard back home. 
 Get the recipe here



TV

Love, love, love the charm and quick wit of Hank in Californication. I'm half way thru the season....I'm hoping Hank and Karen get back together....it's a funky season so far....it's possible I guess?


Girls on HBO. I can't really describe the plot of this show...but if you're a girl...you'll appreciate and love this series. These four girls go through every girls' best and worst case scenarios in a half hour, weekly glimpse into a life of a girl. You'll get hooked....


Fantastic season! Was able to, HAD to watch the whole season in less than a day. Love Jackie, Love her character, Love what she was able to overcome this season. It's a deep, stomach turning season...so good.



Summer haircuts....bye bye long hair, hello bob! I needed a change....this summer was just the right time!
Feels fantastic to not be weighed down by inches, and inches of hair. So free and easy to do.



And I've finally given into the pressure....I'm reading.....


It's a perfect summer read for this hot and humid summer,...if you know what I mean.

No comments: