Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Big Rock Cottages.

I love being a teacher. I love being a Mom. I love summers. I couldn't have picked a better profession. Being a teacher and a Mom are the two best things in the world. One, because I get to teach kids all year (it's kinda in my blood, and in a sick way get a high off of it), and two because I can spend every single vacation and holiday with my girls, no questions asked. We have two and a half months to do whatever we want, whenever we want. I love it. This summer has already been jammed packed full of "things" to do, and it doesn't seem like it's slowing down anytime soon.

Our second adventure of the summer was a camping trip to the Adirondacks. We decided after our epic fail at tent camping last year we would give a cabin a try.  Since Tony and I met back in 2002 it's been a tradition to spend at least a night up in the Adirondacks camping. We have tried since having kids to continue the tradition, and I think our attempts have been good considering we've been in baby/toddler stages for the last four years. Camping with a newborn or one year old is never easy, yet we still tried. It's about the experience right?

Tony grew up spending a week at Big Rock Cottages, in Inlet for years with his family as a summer vacation. So it was a no brainer when it came to where we would stay. It's a family oriented establishment, so you know there will be kids and families around. There is nothing worse than camping next to a couple with no kids, that expect silence, it's just not gonna happen. Plus, it was kind of nice to carry on a tradition that Tony had experienced with his family for so many years.

Although it rained 95% of the time, and it was super-duper-uber cold, we were able to have some fun. The girls slept well in the cabin, and it was a much easier transition than I had expected from our tent debacle last year. Here are some pictures of our trip. I really wish I had more, but most of our trip was spent indoors because of the rain and cold.


First morning, homemade breakfast. Blueberry pancakes and sausage. Yummo!



Aquadoodle fun, Ipod love,....and toes.






And of course, we had to have a meltdown....or two....


Popcorn, soda, candy and BRAVE! Awesome!!



 Even though the weather was crummy, it was kinda nice to be stuck in a cabin, together, as a family. We are camping again in August up in the 1000 Islands with my parents. Hopefully we will have a little more fun in the sun. We have a lot to make up for, fishing, beach time, boating, swimming, campfires, and sh-mores....the girls are prepared with their fish poles, sleeping bags, and flashlights.  It's so nice to see that they  share the same love for camping and outdoors that we do.



No comments: