Friday, July 20, 2012

It's like riding a bike...

McKenzie is riding a bike. My little girl. A bike. Yep, I'm crying now.

It didn't take her long to figure it out. The whole pushing down thing to accelerate forward was tough, I mean Mom and Dad aren't going to push you everywhere you go.... and, it was hilarious to watch her abruptly stop when she would try to pedal backwards because she didn't realize that's how you apply the brakes. I don't know what her obsession with pedaling backwards was, but apparently she felt the need.

She also made it perfectly clear to that now that she can ride a bike, she can go anywhere she wants at anytime. Today it was "I'm going to ride my bike to Gramma's house." In which I replied, "Go right ahead babe, maybe you'll make it for dinner."

It was a fun afternoon, and it gave us one of those special Mommy-Daddy-Kenzie moments that we don't get too much of now (Riley was snoozin' away).

She's growing up too fast, shit, she's riding a BIKE now!










See ya Mom! I'm off to Gramma's house!


No comments: