Saturday, October 29, 2011

Here are a few of my favorite things....


I obsess over Autumn/fall. From the first crisp hoodie day, to the last leaf that falls from the tree in our front yard, I eat, breath, and enjoy every minute of it, and I think Kenz is following right in my footsteps. I find her stopping to look at the leaves falling from trees, the squirrels frantically chasing each other around the yard and stopping to inhale that same clean air. Here are some of the girls' fall favorites...


"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"
This oldie but goody easily turned into an instant classic in our house. How can you NOT prepare for Halloween without watching this movie?  We own it, and have been watching it for over a month now,...don't judge ;)


On a normal day I do not like Jewel, however this album is actually somewhat good! I love the relaxing lyrics, melodies, and tones of this CD, something I am constantly searching for. What I love most about this CD is that after a song or two, I can look in the mirror to see both of my girls, passed out in their car seats.  Instant relaxation? I think so. Thank you Jewel for some quiet hour drives to my parents house.



 This book is adorable! It's quirky, fun, and catchy! I find myself picking this one off the shelf each night to read before bed. It's a personal favorite.


 If you've ever lived in the northeast, especially Upstate, NY you will understand why I have footy jammies on here...enough said =)


Cupcakes seem to be a staple in our house. We (the girls and I) always seem to make a batch on Saturday when we have a whole 12-14 hours together while Daddy is working. Not only are they super yummy, but the oven warms up the house on those cool fall days. Plus you can create the design based on the occasion....have you seen my ladybug cupcakes for Kenzie's first birthday, or Rileybears's owls for her first birthday? They were fun and so easy to make!



Kenz is obsessed with leaves. She will pick up a pile and bring them in the house to show Mac. He sniffs them for about 3 seconds with little interest and then walks away. However, Kenz is often proud of her colorful organic findings.



And, last but not least, a big THANK YOU to Miss Calli for introducing Kenz to candy corn. She was quite upset the other day when she found that someone had nibbled all the white parts off the tops of each corn....hmmm...I wonder who that could have been.

What are some of your favorites?

No comments: