Saturday, October 15, 2011

Only the most amazing Chicken Alfredo recipe out there!

This recipe is courtesy of one of my former students Jenna. Prior to this recipe I would usually buy the pre-made jarred Alfredo sauce, which I always found myself altering with more garlic, Parmesan cheese, roasted red peppers, etc. even after feeling like mad scientist in the kitchen the sauce was still bland.  I kid you not, this recipe needs nothing added to it, well, maybe a big loaf of Italian bread to soak up all the leftover sauce on your plate. I cannot take credit for any of this deliciousness, but, I can take credit for finding myself easily able to eat a pound of this pasta in one sitting (yes, it's THAT good). 

Chicken Alfredo



Ingredients
1/2 cup sweet butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 (12oz) box of pasta (angel hair, bow ties, penne, etc)

Steps
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium.low heat
2. Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer
3.Stir often
4. Add Parmesan cheese and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until sauce is thickened and smooth
5. When sauce is thick and smooth add mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth
6. White the sauce cooks, boil pasta
7. Place pasta on serving plates and spoon sauce over pasta

Cook chicken first in a saucepan.  Use some of the broth from cooking the chicken to add to the Alfredo sauce to make it even more yummy.

Talk about comfort food, this one is amazing!

No comments: