Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I don't usually bake....

I don't usually bake,...but when I do, I usually find myself doing it for a special occasion.  I've only baked a REAL cake once, and it was for McKenzie's 3rd birthday, which was a Toy Story themed party.  Like always I was up all night the day before cooking and baking. This cake (although it turned out to be fine, was a disaster) the fondant was a sticky mess and the design I had anticipated turned out to be nothing like I planned...nonetheless the cake was delicious (I used the Dr.Pepper Cake recipe from Dinosaur BBQ Cookbook). That was the LAST time I baked, besides a tray of brownies or slice and bake cookies.

On Thursday McKenzie turns four, and even though we already celebrated in June, we've decided to have a little birthday cake for her on her actual birthday. One of her favorite things right now is Spiderman (just like her Mom). So, I will be making a Spiderman cake, and possibly cupcakes, depending on my patience.

Here are some of my Spiderman inspirations from Pinterest....





Looks easy enough right? 

I've created cuteness before,...here's some of my past creations...

 McKenzie's 1st birthday (Ladybuy themed)


And Riley's 1st birthday (Owl themed)


I'd like to say I've got this one in the bag, especially with the simpleness of the cake design...but like most of my baking experiences, or at least my first attempts, it looks something more like this...


UPDATE 8/15/12
Spiderman cake was a great success, McKenzie LOVED it!











No comments: