Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm looking forward to.....

Let's be honest, the months of October-January rock. Why you ask? Oh, I don't know...maybe all the holidays, celebrations, parties, food, and family time!?! Here are some of the things I am looking forward to (and am very thankful for) the next month and a half...


1. My Mom's Thanksgiving dinner...she makes homemade (kickass) stuffing with sausage...and an 
a-mazing turkey. I will easily eat three plates of food...easily.


2. Ella's visit to NY. McKenzie and Riley adore her, not to mention I miss her a ton! (She was my student teacher last spring...who foolishly moved to St. Louis, Missouri. I wish she was here for weekly coffee talks, and Saturday Panera dates.


3. Lights on the Lake. This year we WILL go! It seems like EVERY year we are just about out the door, leaving the driveway when something happens....ie. explosive diaper with poop that has traveled up the back and into armpits requiring the child to be hosed down, or we'll start driving there and everyone passes out from the 10 minute car ride....we will go this year damn it! We will go!


4. Polar Express. If riding on a train isn't cool enough for you, it's Polar Express themed! Kids go on the hour and a half train ride in their pajamas, listen to stories, and get into the spirit of the season. Don't tell the girls, but Santa even makes a special visit...


5. Clinton Square Ice Skating If I'm brave enough this year I am going to take McKenzie to experience her first ice skating adventure.  Otherwise...it's a date night in the making. How could that NOT be a romantic night out??



6. Elf on a Shelf- First year for this tradition. I am so excited to place this little Elf ALL over the house. I figure the little guy can help watch over the girls' behavior until Christmas. Tony on the other hand thinks the Elf is TOTALLY creepy. Can't wait to stick the Elf in a place he least expects it just to scare the poo out of him.


7. Gingerbread House- Every year we make one, every year it collapses overnight. EPIC FAIL! This year, I will learn how to REALLY make a gingerbread house so it lasts more than a night.


8. Making Cookies- SO many ideas, so little time. Thank you Pinterest!



9. It's an O'Malley Christmas! The name says it all!! We somewhat resemble the Griswold's. And, in a way, I'm proud of that (nothing is ever boring around here).



10. Highland Forrest Sleigh rides- Cannot wait to try this out! We took the girls on a tractor hay ride...that was a great success, we took McKenzie on a horse drawn hay ride....another great success...how could this NOT work out?


And of course, it's time to get out my all time favorite holiday movies...(of all time)







No comments: