Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Apple Crisp

It was 9:31pm on a cool, crisp fall night. The windows were open, and I was under the covers watching my usual Bravo show when my first fall craving hit me....apple crisp....mmmm....apple crisp. Lucky for us we had visited the apple orchard on Sunday, so we had a nice bag of  fresh apples just waiting to be used....one minute later I was in the kitchen throwing together this delicious treat. When Tony got home from work, he woke me up to tell me, and I quote, "Oh my God, the house smells amazing". Well, the apple crisp tasted amazing too!

Here's the recipe I used.....good old Betty Crocker to the rescue....


Ingredients

4-7 apples, sliced
3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup all-purpose flower
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup of butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Ice cream (if you want)



  • 1Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
  • 2Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
  • 3Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.

No comments: