Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!


Happy New Year!

This is going to be a good year....I know it. I love even years,...I don't know why, they just feel better. Is that weird? It might be, but then again, I'm weird. =)

2011 for me was one of my best and worst years. Worst part? Losing a job I loved, leaving students that trusted me, and leaving co-workers that were family. No one (unless you go through it) will ever understand what losing a job will do to a person. I had to do a lot of soul searching to realize that all of this change was happening for a reason, and although that reason still doesn't seem too clear, I know the change was what I needed.

Best part? Having one of my best years teaching (ironic, I know). After being asked to teach and write an AP Language and Composition course from scratch I was petrified. I had no idea where to start when it came to picking textbooks, novels, excerpts, etc.  I turned to some of the most inspirational co-workers that I have ever had the pleasure of working with when living in Florida. These women are amazing and a true inspiration. They put up with my endless questions and theories, and helped pave the way to a successful start of a brand new class. I love a good challenge, and I found myself growing, changing, and learning more as each day passed.   My students that year were exceptional and amazing, (I really don't know how I lucked out).  The end result? A phenomenal pass rate. I couldn't have been happier with the results. It was the first year of my teaching career where I really had to stretch and grow, and  re-learn how to learn using all new, challenging material. Seriously, best feeling in the world. 

2011 was a rough year. Without getting into more stuff that will make me cry, I am glad to see 2011 go on it's way, stuffed away forever.

I welcome 2012 with open arms, mind, and heart.

So what am I looking forward to in 2012?

Love
Family
Laughter
Little Things
Making Memories
Date nights with the hubby
Pinterest Projects
Photography
Relaxation
Reading
Food
Fun

Here are a few of the phrases I will promise to live by in 2012







Happy New Year!!

No comments: